Want to help a family forget cancer, just for one day?
Nominate that family now
All of us are tasked with everyday responsibilities, but for the family affected by cancer, these things become burdens that weigh much heavier. Our mission at The December 5th Fund is to give back a day without worry. We plan an entire day of activities and fun, and while the family is out enjoying their day, our volunteers are back at their home, tackling household chores often ignored when someone in the family has cancer. When they return, it's to a house full of hope and love, not a to-do list. The December 5th Fund strives to help families forget cancer, just for one day.
Here's a sample* of the experiences and support we plan to offer:
- All-inclusive tickets to a sporting event of your choice
- Picnic at a park with live entertainment and catered by your favorite place to eat
- Private dining experience prepared by a local chef
- Complete cleaning of entire home
- Decluttering of entire home - garage, basement, and much more
- New mulch, flowers, and outdoor furniture
*These are strictly samples. All experiences and support will vary and will ultimately be determined by The December 5th Fund
- The family member MUST be undergoing some form of treatment for cancer. This includes chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone therapy, stem cell transplant, or precision medicine.
- If the person with cancer is in remission or near remission, congratulations... our support is not needed!
- By nominating someone, YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW will be the primary point of contact for the entire planning phase. You must be privy to treatment schedules and personal schedules in order for us to plan the best day possible for this family.
- View the map below to see the areas that we potentially serve.
email us at
Following info is required