Below is the job description and information on applying for the position we currently have available.
Part-Time Assistant / Program Coordinator
We are looking to add a Part-Time Assistant/Program Coordinator with the ambition and aptitude to provide comprehensive organizational support to the Executive Director/Internal Staff/Board of Directors and our Helping Hands Support Program.
The successful candidate of this employment opportunity will be extremely organized and comfortable with managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail. This person will play an integral role ensuring the successful day-to-day operations of the administrative functions of The December 5th Fund. He or she will possess a proven ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels; and always with an exceptional display of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Assistant/Program Coordinator will assume the responsibility of (including but not limited to):
- Assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors with planning and implementing all family activities and family services. Some weeknights and weekends will be required.
- Assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors with “on-boarding” of service providers for the Helping Hands Support Program.
- Manage and negotiate with vendors/professional services when planning for family events and the Helping Hands Support Program
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on matters pertaining to the office of the Executive Director and the Helping Hands Support Program.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement letters (sign on behalf of Executive Director, stuff envelopes, print address labels, apply postage, deliver to post office)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly meeting agendas and minutes, and the recording of all board resolutions.
- Purchase materials and supplies (once authorized by the Executive Director) when needed for onboarding of families and volunteer days.
- Keep the office neat and tidy for family and board meetings
- Keep inventory of D5F merchandise such as t-shirts, hats, and other items
- Delivery of gift baskets and other items to family homes
- Keep the storage lockers used by The December 5th Fund organized and ensure that all supplies are up-to-date and in stock for volunteer days
- $20/hr – 25hrs a month average
- Macbook Air will be provided for all work responsibilities
Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Initiative to recognize the needs of the Executive Director and proactively complete tasks as they arise.
- Abilities within Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-organized, and desire to improve processes
- Self-starter, capacity to work independently and execute quickly
- Proactive approach to problem-solving; team player with positive and enthusiastic attitude, service oriented
- Aptitude to see the “big picture” while also focusing on the details and meeting deadlines
- Ability to build effective relationship with stakeholders, including future staff, board members, and external constituents
- Familiarity with project management apps, specifically Basecamp, is a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a detail-oriented job and reading this part buried within the description and following the instructions is VERY important.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. D5F is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The December 5th Fund is a tax-exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN – 81-3532860